Bethea's Byte Reloaded
A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole

2 posters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:06 pm

A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole HpFK2

Am I The A**hole for Mocking a Child with Cancer?

r/AmITheA**hole

rSlash

SYNOPSIS: “LOL! A Triple Dose of r/AmITheA**hole 1f602 YOU HAVE CANCER!”

STORIES:

1.  [FEATURED] Am I the A**hole for Taking My Daughter and Leaving the Wedding After Her Stepbrother Pulled Her Wig? (Stepbrother Pulled His Sister’s Wig Off)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP and Megan:  0/5    Husband and Ben:  5/5

2.  Am I the A**hole for Telling My In-Laws About What Their Son’s Girlfriend Did to My Son’s Blanket and Causing Her to Get Shunned? (Blanket Thief)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  (Easy) 0/5    Ex-Husband:  5/5    Girlfriend: 4/5

3.  Am I the A**hole for Telling My Wife My Job Has to Come Before Hers? (My Job Comes First)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP: (Easy) 0/5    Wife:  3/5

4.  Am I the A**hole for Telling My Sister There’s a Reason Her Kids Chose to Live With Their Dad? (My Sister Gets the Harsh Truth)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  0/5    Sister:  3.5/5 (for Being a Terrible Mother)

Am I The A**hole for Mocking a Woman’s Miscarriage?

r/AmITheA**hole

rSlash

SYNOPSIS: “YOUR BABY’S DEAD”

STORIES:

1.  Am I the A**hole for Having High Expectations for My Bachelorette Party? (Bride-to-Be Leaves Her Own Bachelorette Weekend)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP (Bride-to-Be):  2/5 (for Being Too Demanding)   Friends, Guests and Bridesmaids:  0/5

2.  Am I the A**hole for Refusing to Punish to Allow My Wife to Punish Our Son? (Not Allowing My Wife to Punish Our Son)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  0/5    Wife/Mom:  2.5/5    Son: 0/5    Daughter: 0/5

3.  [FEATURED] Am I the A**hole for Leaving Dinner at My Husband’s Family’s House Over a Comment He Made About My Miscarriage? (My Miscarriage Was Brought Up at Dinner and I Left)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  0/5    Husband:  3.5/5

4.  Am I the A**hole for Refusing to Buy My Fiancé a Gaming Laptop for a Few Grand After He Told Me to Find a Real Job? (Lazy No-Good Husband Wants Wife’s Mom to Buy Him a Gaming Laptop)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  0/5    Loser:  3/5

5.  Am I the A**hole for Offering My Friends to Buy Their Apartment and Rent it Out to Them? (I Offered to Become My Friend’s Landlord)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  1/5    Zoey’s Boyfriend:  1/5

Am I The A**hole for Mocking a Woman’s Miscarriage?

r/AmITheA**hole

rSlash

SYNOPSIS: “MY WIFE PEGS ME”

STORIES:

1.  [FEATURED] Am I the A**hole for Embarrassing My Brother in Front of the Whole Family? (I Embarrassed My Brother in Front of My Family)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  0/5    Brother:  1.5/5

2.  Am I the A**hole for Returning Home After I Found Out That My Husband Booked 1st Class for Him and His Friend While I Got Economy? (My Husband Doesn’t Think I Deserve a Good Seat)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  0/5    Husband:  2.5/5

3.  Am I the A**hole for Throwing My Siblings in Foster Care So I Can Have a Better Life? (Putting My Siblings in Foster Care)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  0/5    Siblings:  0/5    Parents: 4.5/5

4.  Am I the A**hole for Telling My Date That He Shouldn’t Call Himself a Harvard Alumnus? (You’re Not a Harvard Alum)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  1.5/5    “Harvard Alumnus”:  1.5/5

5.  Am I the A**hole for Telling My Wife She Needs to Find Another Job? (I Told My Wife She Needs to Find Another Job)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  2/5    Wife:  0/5

6.  Am I the A**hole for Ruining My Sister’s Vacation? (I Ruined My Sister’s Vacation)
    A**hole Scores  
    OP:  0/5    Sister:  3/5    Mom: 2/5

Kyng
    Contributing Manager
    Contributing Manager

PostKyng Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:03 pm

Only watched the first one so far, but I do intend to watch the other two as well!

With that wig thing... how the heck can Ben's father pass that off as 'teasing'? There's teasing, and then there's bullying and abuse - and that clearly crosses the line...

Thanks for sharing Smile .

The Last Outlaw likes this post

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:22 pm

Kyng wrote:Only watched the first one so far, but I do intend to watch the other two as well!

With that wig thing... how the heck can Ben's father pass that off as 'teasing'? There's teasing, and then there's bullying and abuse - and that clearly crosses the line...

Thanks for sharing Smile .

I can't wait to hear your take on the other two! In fact, I'm interested in getting your A**hole scores on them all.
    Kyng
    Contributing Manager
    Contributing Manager

PostKyng Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:17 pm

Well, here are my scores for the second one:

#1 - Yeah, 2/5 for OP seems fair to me. Only 2/5 because she didn't harm anybody (or put anybody at risk of harm) - but she was still expecting too much.

#2 - Again, 2.5/5 for the wife seems fair to me. I do think that they should consider doing *something* to 'even the score' for the daughter, but that's not it.

#3 - I'll give the husband's mother 2/5 buttholes for bringing the subject up and expressing disappointment about it - but no more than that because she probably just didn't know better. The husband, on the other hand, absolutely *should* know better. He should clearly have had her back - and, he very much did not. I'll give him 4/5 buttholes: he sound like one of those 'brutally honest' people who cares more about the brutality than the honesty.

#4 -Her boyfriend just sounds like a freeloader... 3/5 is exactly what I would've given him. As for OP, the only thing I can *maybe* fault her for is allowing this to go on for 7 months: at some point, she should have put her foot down and said "Make a proper effort to become a streamer, or else!". But without knowing whether or not she did that, I'm not going to give her a butthole score.

#5 - Yeah... the narrator predicted people would disagree with him, and that's what I'm going to do Razz . I'd give OP 0/5 buttholes here, probably because I'm viewing the situation from a logical perspective and not an emotional perspective. From my point of view, OP is just trying to do them a favour - and "hating landlords in general" doesn't excuse Zoey's boyfriend's behaviour, because this is clearly an edge case where most of his reasons for hating landlords would not apply. I can certainly understand why he wouldn't want to shift the power dynamic (in his situation, I'm not sure that I would have accepted OP's offer), but he shouldn't have overreacted like that (and some of the things he said weren't even true: OP can't "take away his apartment" when it was never his to begin with!). So, I'll give Zoey's boyfriend 2 out of 5 buttholes here.

Thanks for sharing Smile !

Kyng
    Contributing Manager
    Contributing Manager

PostKyng Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:14 pm

I've watched the third one now - and, here are my scores:

1) Yeah, 1.5 buttholes for the brother makes sense... if he didn't want to hear about that, he shouldn't have brought up the subject!

2) Again, 2.5 buttholes for the husband seems fair... just comes off as entitled. It's very clear that it's his and his friend's trip, and his wife is very much an afterthought... if he's going to include her, then he should make a *proper* effort to do so.

3) Hmmm... this is a tricky one. In theory, I feel like she *should* have some degree of responsibility for her siblings (since, in the absence of her parents, she's the only adult left) - but in practice, it's obviously near-impossible for her to do that. Nevertheless, I feel like I have to give her 0.5 out of 5 buttholes for this (I can't give her a straight 0 out of 5 when there's something she theoretically *could* have done for her siblings - but I also can't go above 0.5 because, frankly, that would've been a heroic move which would've been beyond most people - myself included). The siblings, of course, get an easy 0 out of 5: they certainly did nothing wrong, and just ended up in a dreadful situation through no fault of their own (and their anger towards OP is understandable and, dare I say it, kinda justified). As for the parents... they certainly deserve a butthole score, but without knowing what they did to end up in jail, I'd need more info before I could give out a meaningful score.

4) Honestly, this is another of those where I disagree with the narrator. I think trust is *the* key factor in any relationship, and him putting misleading stuff like that in his dating profile is a great way to ruin that right off the bat. Perhaps OP wasn't exactly diplomatic about the way in which she approached the situation, but I do think what he did was more seriously wrong than the narrator was suggesting, simply because it's going to create trust issues right from the get-go. So, I'll only give 1 out of 5 buttholes to the OP - but 2 out of 5 to her date.

5) Yeah, agreed with the narrator this time... it sounds like the OP is the one who needs to find another job, and 2 out of 5 buttholes is fair for him.

6) Yeah, definitely not the OP's fault here, so an easy 0 out of 5. I'm slightly more sympathetic to the sister, because of the difficulty she clearly has with raising those two kids, so I'll only give her 2 out of 5 buttholes. However, I am *not* sympathetic to the mother, who created this mess by inviting the sister on the vacation in the first place (which IMO, she had absolutely no right to do, as she wasn't the one who saved up and paid for it). So, in a reversal of OP's scores, I'll give the mother 3 out of 5 buttholes.

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum