Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay JJnrk
Welcome to Bethea's Byte Reloaded. If you are a member, please sign in and participate. If you are not a member, please sign up and join the conversation. We'd love to hear from you.
Bethea's Byte Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome

I forgot my password

Notifications
    Who is online?
    In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 156 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am
    Recent Members
    See more
    Statistics
    We have 42 registered users
    The newest registered user is JanCarter

Our users have posted a total of 4444 messages in 2050 subjects
    Latest topics
    » How are you feeling right now?
    Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay Clock-10Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:46 pm by Kyng

» Last thing you ate/drank
    Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm by Kyng

» What are you looking forward to right now?
    Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay Clock-10Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day
    Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay Clock-10Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:06 am by Kyng

» What are your plans for the day.
    Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay Clock-10Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:49 am by Cool Cory

» 2023/24 NFL season
    Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay Clock-10Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:34 am by Cool Cory

» Karen freakout compliation
    Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay Clock-10Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 am by Benny

» What NFL team do you support?
    Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am by Cool Cory

» NFL 2023 fixture release
    Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay Clock-10Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:26 am by Cool Cory

» 2022-2023 NFL SEASON
    Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay Clock-10Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 pm by The Last Outlaw

May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliate With Bethea’s Byte

Bethea's Byte

Anti-Spam Bots!

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!

The Coffee House

Planet Nexus

IconSkouliki
    BG Music

Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Last Outlaw
    The Last Outlaw
    Head Administrator
    Head Administrator
    Posts : 2894 Zodiac Sign : Aquarius Age : 48 Birthday : 1976-02-07

http://betheasbyte.com/

PostThe Last Outlaw Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:54 pm

From Martin Frank of the Delaware News Journal via USA TODAY Sports

PHILADELPHIA – Eagles coach Doug Pederson fired both offensive coordinator Mike Groh and receivers coach Carson Walch on Thursday, one day after saying both would return.

Eagles Fire Offensive Coordinator, WR Coach One Day After Saying Both Would Stay $

Groh was promoted to offensive coordinator for the 2018 season, after Frank Reich left to become the Indianapolis Colts head coach. Groh had been the wide receivers coach in 2017, the Eagles' Super Bowl season.

He was largely credited in getting the best out of wide receiver Nelson Agholor that season as Agholor had 62 catches for 768 yards and 8 TDs.

Groh was not responsible for calling plays as offensive coordinator, and he certainly had his share of challenges with injuries at the skill positions the last two seasons.

Walch was the Eagles' fifth wide receivers coach in five seasons.

On Wednesday, Pederson was asked about the job the two did, when he and general manager Howie Roseman had their season-ending press conference. He mentioned how the offense rallied over the final four games, using practice squad players at wide receiver because of season-ending injuries to DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor.

The Eagles also didn't get much production out of rookie wide receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, the second-round pick who had just 10 receptions for 169 yards this season.

"I think both of those guys did an outstanding job for me this year," Pederson said Wednesday. "There were a lot of things we faced on offense as you know, through adversity, through injury, through many different facets of trying to get the pieces together.

"So my hat goes off to both of those gentlemen because of the game plans that Mike and I and the offensive staff put together, first of all. Then here toward the end of the season, Carson Walch having a big impact on getting these young (wide receivers) ready to go and to play at a high level. That's not easy."

Pederson was then asked if both would return.

"Yes, both those guys will be back," he said.

Pederson was less definitive in his response Wednesday about defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz returning if he doesn't get the Cleveland Browns head coaching job, which he interviewed for on Wednesday.

When asked about Schwartz, Pederson praised him, but said he was being evaluated, as opposed to his definitive statements on the returns of Groh and Walch.

In his statement Thursday, Pederson apologized for the "confusion."

"It was my intent not to comment on any of my staff during the ongoing evaluations because I wanted to be able to go through the process and communicate any decision directly with the individuals," he said. "I did a poor job of explaining that the first time I was asked."

Walch didn't do himself any favors when he said in November that Mack Hollins was "one of our top graders every week," even though Hollins went seven straight games without a reception. Hollins was released in December.

For offensive coordinator, the Eagles could look in-house to running backs coach Duce Staley, who has been on the coaching staff for nine seasons, the last seven as the running backs coach.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
    You can reply to topics in this forum